The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Zucchini Noodles

I remember about three years ago, before I was even really into eating natural and clean I saw a show, I don't know if it is even on anymore, but it was called "Cooking Yourself Thin..." Anyone remember it? Well they had one recipe that I saw, tried it,  and I liked it. It was Zucchini in place of pasta! I am a lover of pasta, LOVER!!! Really, I love the sauce I love the comfort of noodles, and I also remembered I really enjoyed using the zucchini in place of my noodles. So tonight I decided to whip it up again since now I understand the benefits of adding more plant food into our meals much more! Again I really enjoyed it, you know what's even better it used TWO ingredients! Unless you want to season your squash! Super simple right. Now don't get me wrong I still love my grain pastas, but every once in awhile I am for sure okay switching it up a bit and using yummy zucchini squash instead!

Zucchini Noodles
2 Medium Zucchini
2 T olive oil

Slice Zucchini lengthwise so they are julienne' d. Place olive oil in pan and heat over med heat. Add zucchini and cover. Heat until zucchini is limp, stirring occasionally. Once you have desired tenderness remove and top with any toppings you would like, I use my Easy Marinara Sauce, but you can top it with a dressing, sprinkle with parmasean cheese, whatever you'd like! Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment