The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Garden Turkey Burgers




It is a fast food genertaion now a days isn't it! Hamburgers and Fries have become a staple for our American cuisine! I have tried to provide my family with healthier alternatives for a good burger, sometimes I haven't had much success. I've tried some bean burger, but honestly most have not turned out so wonderful, I've made turkey burgers which have been good, but still borderline not as healthy as I would like, then I've tried straight out veggie burgers which have been pretty good.

As I have said before this has been a family journey, the other day my husband came up to me and said he wanted to try something out with some ground turkey we had. So of course he takes his time and he looked for some ideas on line for a few days, finally I asked him what he was going to make and he announced he wanted to make a Garden "Hybrid" burger! Uh...okay. I told him well it's worth a try! I am here to say that I'm glad he made them, I loved them, honestly though we both said after we ate them that they would have been great without the turkey! He was entirely in charge of this meal, I think if we do plain veggie burgers next time we'll add some more vegetables, I'll add some suggestions at the bottom! What a great guy....so here is a "G" day recipe, enjoy these Garden Burgers, they are very flavorful!


Garden Turkey Burgers

1/2 pound lean ground turkey
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 small yellow onion
1 green bell pepper
3 garlic cloves
3 medium potatoes, shredded
3 T dijon mustard
1 T red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven 375 degrees. Add 3 tsp olive oil to skillet, add onions and cook until almost completely translucent, add peppers and garlic and sautee until vegetables are tender. Set aside. Shred potatoes, skin included and combine with sauteed vegetables. Combine ground turkey with vegetables, add mustard, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Form into patties, don't make them too thick! Grease cookie sheet and place patties on cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, then flip each patty over, bake another 20 minutes until turkey is completely cooked! Serve with homemade steak fries and your favorit burger fixins!!!!


*For vegan option, take out turkey, here are some suggested veggies

shredded carrots
shredded zucchini
mushrooms
rice (I know it's not a veggie)
spinach
yellow squash
butternut squash
sweet potatoes
celery
etc...





No comments:

Post a Comment