The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Banana Fudge Cups




This was a fun little snack/treat to tie into our "B" day! They are soooo tasty too! They use natural sweeteners and topped with yummy bananas make it a guiltless little treat! The original recipe used mini cupcake tins, but I only have large ones so that's okay though they still turned out great!

These were so quick and use ingredients that I had on hand anyways, I didn't have to do any special planning. I found the recipe at ohsheglows.com right here and only made a few tweaks, this is a fun recipe to do with kids, they could be in charge of scooping the fudge sauce, or putting the bananas on top!
We had a great time spelling out banana, and quizzing each other on what ingredient started with what letter! I think you could coat the tortillas in cinnamon for a sweet shell, or top this with different fruit, like berries or something! Enjoy

Banana Fudge Cups

1/4 c cocoa powder
1/4 c agave (or maple syrup)
1/4 c coconut oil 
1 T nut butter any type (I used cashew because of the milder taste)
3 wheat tortillas 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. If you're using mini cupcake pans cut 2 inch circles out of the tortillas, if you are using larger cupcake tins cut the tortillas into fourths and place the tortilla pieces into the tins

Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Be sure to watch closely. There is no need to grease the pan they just pop out!
Meanwhile place all ingredients into sauce pan and heat over med-low until coconut oil and nut butter are completely melted together, whisking constantly. 


Spoon fudge sauce into tortilla cups. You can just tip the ends of the cups with the fudge then fill with fruit, or fill the entire bottoms of the cups for more chocolate (that's my favorite option) Place in the freezer for 15 minutes so fudge sauce stands up. Top with whatever you'd like, I liked the bananas, but I also think raspberries would be awesome...or why not just go for it and add some more dark chocolate chips! :)


Enjoy!!!



for a gluten free option use gluten free tortillas...easy right!




No comments:

Post a Comment