The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Berry Healthy Soft Serve!





It's HOT! It's July and I boil just about every day! So what do you want when it's hot....cold! I want a shake, Popsicle, really anything to cool me down! Well today I felt like making some soft serve for my little ones. I've really tried to avoid dairy with my kids. They eat some cheese now and then, but typically I try and keep them off it. My kids have red bumpy skin on their faces and arms when they have too much dairy and they always get colds, so to avoid the dairy issue, but still give them some creamy ice cream we made some soft serve in the blender. If you want a five minute, cold treat this is for you! Its full of nutritious ingredients and it is so nice on those hot days! We made two different kinds, blueberry, and strawberry...both were great! I'm going to do the blueberry recipe, but just add whatever fruit you'd like in it's place if you don't want blueberries. 


Berry Healthy Soft Serve
2 frozen bananas
1/2 c frozen blueberries
1/3 c non-dairy milk
1 tsp cane sugar (optional)

Place all ingredients in a high powered blender on high. Blend until smooth like soft serve ice cream! Serve immediately! Now go out on your porch and enjoy the summer!

*you may have to scrape the sides a few times during the blending process depending on what type of blender you have!  


No comments:

Post a Comment