The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tangy Apple Coleslaw



I think my favorite fruit is an apple. Just a simple apple. I've always loved them, they are so perfectly sweet to me, I love to dip them into nut butters, or put them on my salads! I love fruit of all kinds, but to me nothing can beat the simplicity of the apple! 
      
       As part of our alphabet day I thought to add this fun summer side or main dish salad! I found this in Healthy Kitchen Magazine and it sounded really yummy. I love raw cabbage and so does my family, my kids don't know the difference really between lettuce or cabbage so I can just shake it up when I want to! I've never thought to add apples to cabbage though! I love the sweet apples with the tangy dressing over the cabbage! So here is our "A" salad

Tangy Apple Coleslaw
1 head green cabbage
2 granny smith apples
1/3 c apple cider vinegar
1/4 c canola oil
1/2 packet Italian Dressing Seasoning
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 T honey

Tear off cabbage leaves and slice so they are like matchsticks. Core apples and slice so they are like matchsticks. Combine vinegar, oil, mustard, seasoning, and honey to small saucepan, bring to a boil, stirring often, remove from heat. Pour heated dressing over salad and toss to coat. Put in the fridge and let combine, and chill for an hour! You'll love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment