The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Grilled Chicken Wraps with Derek's Honey Mustard Sauce




If you want a quick, unique and tasty lunch these are perfect for you! You can keep the chicken off if your looking for lower calorie and vegetarian/vegan meals, but I made these for my husband and he is my chicken guy. You can also have a gluten free option by using a corn tortilla! For the sauce I tried to make a lentil hummus that I found here, but it didn't quite turn out super great for me, it didn't taste bad, just kind of bland! My husband kind of agreed, but his wheels were already turning! I love it when he gets involved with our healthy cooking!

He said, "I wonder if you could turn this into a honey mustard type sauce", so I told him we could try. Well it turned out great I think. Derek is such a perfectionist, he said it was good but needed more heat....so he says next time he wants to put jalapeno juice and maybe some jalapeno slices in, gag me! Again though Derek and I have very different heat level tolerances :) If your like him though maybe you will want to add some peppers to it! I thought it tasted just like a nice honey mustard should taste, although this particular one is quite unique, but for sure a keeper! I'm doing a recipe for two chicken wraps, add whatever ingredients you'd like, these are what we used and it was perfect I think!


Chicken Wrap
4 boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
1/2 red bell pepper, julienne d
Romaine Lettuce
shredded carrots
1/2 c Derek's Honey Mustard Sauce
2 whole grain tortillas

Heat skillet or grill. Add chicken tenderloins, grill until cooked. Season as desired. Spoon 1/4 cup honey mustard sauce on one tortilla. Add vegetables and chicken. Roll tortilla and cut in half! Enjoy

Derek's Honey Mustard Sauce
1/2 c red lentils, uncooked
1 1/2 T Dijon Mustard 
2 T honey
1 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 T cashew butter
1 garlic clove
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4-5 T lemon juice
2 T nutritional yeast (optional)

Rinse lentils and add to pot with 1 1/4 c water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer, cover and heat for about 10 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Place lentils in food processor or blender add remaining ingredients and blend or process until the sauce is smooth and not grainy! Use as dip or or sauce for sandwiches or wraps!






No comments:

Post a Comment