The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Crock pot Mango Chicken

Summer screams fruit to me. I love all the different things you can do with fruit, in salads, treats, breads even with meat. I thought to put the mango salsa recipe to good use with this recipe. It turned out really nice, it had a lot of flavor and gives you some good servings of fruit and vegetables! I also love the crock-pot, worry free dinner! This makes a great freezer meal for future planning! I served this with brown rice. I think next time I'm going to go for more of an island taste so I'm going to add some teriyaki sauce! I am not the biggest fan of cilantro, so I also might leave that out next time also, but cilantro fans knock yourselves out you can add as much as you want! The sky is the limit on this... take things out, put things in make it taste perfect for you!





Crock pot Mango Chicken
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
1 c vegetable broth 
1 green bell pepper 
1/2 onion
1/8 c salsa
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 can black beans
1/8 c Italian dressing
1/4-1/2 c low sodium teriyaki sauce (optional)




Put chicken in crock-pot with 1 cup vegetable broth. Cook on high for two hours. Add onion, green

pepper, salsa (not mango salsa), beans, dressing and spices and teriyaki sauce if your adding it. Cook another two-three hours. Add mango salsa and cook one more hour. Serve over brown rice or quinoa! Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment