The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles







Rainy weather always brings a sweet tooth for me, I don't know what it is! I just want to get into sweats, with a treat and watch a movie with my family! Today was no different....the rain hit and I left work with the intention of whipping up something sweet and popping in a Disney movie with the kids :) Well because of the holiday I wanted to clean it up a bit with the sweets, but I still wanted the taste...just not the waist right :) Well I found this recipe on Chef Chole's website, and loved the idea. I changed a few things around to make it even a little bit cleaner than the original, I was completely happy with the results, you can find the original recipe right here.

  These are really easy to make, you just need to wait a bit for them to chill and set up! These are keepers though in my recipe box :) Start by creaming the sugar and margerine, then adding the rest of ingredients and mixing it all together to form the dough
 
(Happy kids during this step)

Now comes the waiting game, you need to let the dough chill for about an hour before making the balls! 

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

1/2 c vegan margarine (or a I'm a fan of smart balance, non-vegan)
2/4 c coconut sugar
1/4 c lite brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 T vanilla
2 T water
1 1/4 Spelt Flour (or all purpose flour)
1/3 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
12 ounces semi sweet chocolate (for dipping)

Line cookie sheet with wax paper. In medium bowl beat with mixer margarine, sugar, vanilla, salt and water, until creamy. Add flour and chocolate chips until smooth and combined into a dough. Place dough in refrigerator for 1 hour until chilled. 
Roll chilled dough into balls and place on cookie sheet. Freeze for 15 minutes. Meanwhile melt remaining 12 ounces of chocolate on stove top or microwave. Dip cookie dough balls in chocolate and remove with two forks. Place balls back onto cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator until chocolate is firm, about 20 minutes. Keep in the refrigerator until serving. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment