The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Strawberry Banana Pancakes w/berry syrup

     

Happy 4th of July everyone! I love this holiday, it's always full of family, parades, and food! Well I plan to bring some health to my festivities today, but without losing any taste! The first meal...breakfast! What better fourth of July breakfast is there than pancakes! I got the base for my recipe from this link These are going to be strawberry banana pancakes any other day, but just for the holiday I added some blueberries, they were good in the mix, but I think I'll just keep them classic strawberry banana pancakes! They turned out great we all had at least three and my made up syrup was awesome on top too! Even my husband who is strictly maple syrup didn't have any maple just the strawberry sauce!!! So here is the first of my fourth of July deliciousness! They were super easy and I'm happy to say they worked very well, just like boxed pancake mix (I had a disaster last time I attempted homemade pancake, this result was much nicer!)

Festive Strawberry Banana Pancakes

1 1/4 c whole wheat flour (I mixed Spelt and Wheat)
1/2 c shredded coconut
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
5 cut strawberries
1 banana
3/4 c almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 T maple syrup
3/4 c warm water

Mash together strawberries and banana in small bowl and set aside. Whisk together all dry ingredients in medium bowl. Combine wet ingredients into small bowl and whisk together. Add banana/strawberry mixture to wet ingredients and mix together. Add wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Mix until all lumps are gone. Heat skillet over med heat. Drop pancake mix onto skillet and wait for bubbles to form before flipping. Heat pancakes until golden brown on each side. Makes about 10 small pancakes. Enjoy!



Strawberry Banana Syrup

5 strawberries
1/2-1 banana (depending on if you want it creamier)
1/3 c maple syrup
1/8 c raw honey
1/4 c almond milk
handful of shredded coconut (optional)

Combine all ingredients in high powered blender. Blend until desired consistency is achieved. It will be runny. If you'd like it not quite as runny add more syrup, or you can use 1/4 c of corn syrup. 


No comments:

Post a Comment