The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

This is not an overnight process!



A lot of times people think that when they try a natural recipe after they've been living with unnatural, artificial sweetened and processed diet, that it will taste wonderful...simply because the recipe said it would right! Not always. The processed diet is designed to make you want to crave things more, and in larger amounts, that's why you can't just eat one potato chip right! Our bodies naturally want a naturally sweetened, unprocessed diet. However, our society's diet trains our bodies to think that natural sugar is not sweet enough, that something doesn't taste good unless we use white rice or white flour!

So how do we change this! Well the first step is simply get started. Start by changing an ingredient such as using whole grain flour instead of white flour, cut down on white sugar in your baking and replace it with a natural sweetener such as agave, raw honey, or coconut sugar, use brown rice, not white rice. After you've gotten used to this way start to add a little more natural, get a dark chocolate snicker, not milk chocolate :) When you want some sweets try to eat a bowl of berries or a smoothie instead. Use applesauce instead of oils and butter, try a cashew cream sauce instead of a cheese sauce! Eventually our bodies come around and realize that the natural food are much more satisfying, they are totally sweet enough and we start to crave them. A few days ago I thought...hmmm I've been super good lately I'm going to have a small glass of diet coke, while I was at a BBQ...I couldn't finish it! It was too much for me My husband says he can't handle sweets like he used to, he told me at work the other day he went to the vending machines because he was snacky...he said he stood there forever trying to decide what he wanted, but nothing looked good

The point to my rambling, is give your body some time to come off it's processed, refined sugar high! I promise you you can do it! I've done it, my husband has done it...and you really can enjoy sweets, and other foods without guilt each time you eat it...or without cracking jokes that you just gained ten pounds from eating that piece of cake! Just remember baby steps....you can do it!!!!


Remember


NOT THIS
THIS

No comments:

Post a Comment