The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Overnight Buckwheat Parfait!





I had a jar of buckwheat that I had sprouted and I wanted to use! I found this recipe at my favorite vegan website for a buckwheat parfait! It sounded perfect! It almost has no prep time! It would be a super healthy breakfast and really easy! Buckwheat is full of nutrients, it has been linked to helping with varicose veins, lowering cholesterol and it is full of amino acids! Who wouldn't want to tie these little babies into something! The parfait turned out really great! I loved it and you can add so many different things to make it taste exactly how you'd like it to! We all kind of made it our own at our house. My little girl wanted just a few chocolate chips and my husband added  some crumbled up butter bean scotchie cookies! On my parfait I sprinkled some cinnamon! It was really tasty! Just be aware to use sprouted buckwheat you can find some instructions on how to do that here, it does take a few days! But the powerhouse of nutrients it brings is worth it! You can find the original parfait recipe here

Overnight Buckwheat Parfait
1/2 c sprouted buckwheat
1 c almond milk
2 T chia seeds (these thicken it up)
1 banana
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla

Place buckwheat in small container and cover with water. Place it in the fridge overnight. Combine remaining ingredients, be sure to mash the banana really well. Whisk until there are no lumps, put in a bowl, there is no need to cover  it if you don't want and put it in the fridge over night. 

In the morning rinse and strain buckwheat until any starchy residue is off. Add buckwheat to the banana chia seed mixture and completely combine. Place in glass, with any toppings desired! Finish by topping with maple syrup or cinnamon!



Possible Toppings
Kiwi
Strawberries
Raspberries
Banana
Granola
Oats
Chocolate Chips
Mango
Blueberries
Blackberries
Nuts, seeds
Cinnamon
Coconut Sugar
Coconut Flakes
Nut butter
Protein Powder
Chocolate sauce
Crumbled muffins/breads
The sky is the limit

No comments:

Post a Comment