The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Alphabet Days





I just wanted to announce our Alphabet days at our house! We are really working on letters with my daughter, so she can recognize them when she sees them...so I thought how fun would it be to have a day centered around the letter we're learning about! As a mom and for other mommies out there I think this is a fun way to get creative with your food, if you walk around your grocery store look at some of the healthy foods and I'm sure you can find something for every letter! Well I'm still working on X so if you can think of anything let me know! I'm so excited for the list of ideas that are coming to me for the next 26 days!!!
Well today is the letter A- so this day includes recipes that have "A" ingredients- so my agenda today is as follows

"A" snacks- Almondy Apples
Mom's Special Almond Milk
Food:
Tangy Apple Coleslaw
Asparagus Casserole!

Activities
Apple Stamp Pictures!

It's going to be really fun, the kids are down for a nap right now, so I better get started so we can start "A" day when they wake up!

*some other options you could use
Apricots
Apricot jelly on whole wheat toast
artichokes
oatmeal with apples and cinnamon
avocado, on a burrito
Almond meal, make muffins with it
Almond crust for an apple pie or crisp (from the raspberry squares)
bakes asparagus!
Wow, get creative and this can actually make meal planning easier if you just plan around the alphabet!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment