The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Healthy Nutty Crunch Salad w/ Orange Chia dressing







After our fun celebrating today with Harry Potter and the almost overwhelming sweetness from our Homemade Butter Beer I remembered what I had planned for our Alphabet Day "N" day! For a reminder of Alphabet Days, here is the link.

Thank goodness for "N" day, it's one of those meals that just makes you want to pat yourself on the back for eating something so healthy, but it tastes so good! If you are like me I like some texture to my salads, I don't want just a boring, lettuce, rabbit bite! Give me some ziiiing, ya know! Well this was just what I wanted! I loved the orange dressing as well, it made it really sweet and I just love citrus. Surprisingly it was the celery that tasted so wonderful with the orange to me! This is no wimpy salad either! I had a HUGE plateful, because I could! It's full of the healthy fats from the nuts, why not add tons of low cal nutritious greens, I had it topped with quinoa and I didn't feel any ounce of guilt with the dressing...score!!!! When your looking for a quick meal for lunch or dinner and you don't want any heat in your house, put together this bad boy and you'll be satisfied I'm sure!

Nutty Crunch Salad

3-4 C Romaine lettuce
1/8 C cashews
1/4 C Whole Raw Almonds
1/8 C rice noodles
1/4 C cooked quinoa (optional)
1 celery stalk chopped

Other optional toppings
tomatoes
apples
blueberries
flax seeds
sunflower nuts
sesame seeds
avacodo
beans
carrots
broccoli 
etc.

Combine all ingredients to a large bowl and toss until completely combined

Orange Chia Dressing

1 peeled Navel Orange
2 T chia seeds
1/4 C almond milk
2 T agave (optional, you could use a medjool date for sweetness if you'd like also)

Combine all ingredients to a blender. Blend until completely smooth, about 90 seconds. Pour over top of salad! Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment