The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sun Dried Tomato Veggie Pizza






Pizza was always a favorite for me, especially in early marriage, and college! It's so easy right, just order it, go get it, pay 5 bucks for it! Super easy, super tasty, but super greasy, super unhealthy! With our way of eating my husband and I have tried to make our own homemade pizza with vegetables. Now I never thought this was possible, my husband is a supreme pizza kind of guy, I am typically a boring pepperoni pizza kind of gal, how could we ever just settle for veggie pizzas (especially since I have weird texture issues with peppers) Well we've made a few veggie pizza's now and I've been a big girl and eaten all the peppers, I still have a texture thing and I may pick some of them off, not all, but some... but both my husband and I love eating pizza without so much guilt. My kids love the pizza too, I secretly think my daughter is the same as I am with peppers, she picks some off, but then eats some...hmmmm. But you know you can add any veggie you want, we had an overload of peppers, next time I'm adding spinach to mine, but pop on some mushrooms, olives, whatever!

Anyway, we added some left over sun dried tomatoes we had to this baby and I really thought it gave it a yummy taste. We only added a small amount of cheese...yes you can enjoy pizza without a block of cheese on it, and we just loaded it with peppers, onions, tomatoes everything. For the sauce I used some of my Easy Marinara Sauce, the garlic and the onion in that sauce made this so yum! We used my Honey Whole Wheat Pizza Crust for the crust which is always great.  It took us about 30 minutes to get this baby in the oven and about ten more to start eating! I estimate that with the amount of flour, veggies, sauce, and cheese we used this pizza cost around $6 to make!  So next time the pizza craving comes up maybe stay in and try out a homemade, guiltless pizza...just to shake it up a bit :) Enjoy

Sun dried Tomato Veggie Pizza
1 Yellow bell Pepper
1 Orange bell pepper
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 onion
1/2 C sun dried tomatoes
Desired amount of cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Assemble crust and roll it out, pre-bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut up vegetables. Spread sauce over crust, sprinkle light layer of cheese on top of the sauce, add half vegetables, add rest of the cheese, finish with add the rest of the vegetables. Bake pizza for 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is completely done! Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment