The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tasty Turkey Meatballs

I've always really enjoyed meatballs....who doesn't like a big round tasty meatball! However, I don't enjoy the grease and in particular I really have lost my taste for red meat. So since my family and I typically stick to lean poultry when we eat meat I decided to try a turkey meatball! They turned out great! They are much leaner than ground beef, and I really enjoyed the flavor much more. They are very simple to make I had them popped in the oven in about 5 minutes. Easy easy!

Tasty Turkey Meatballs
1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 T  onion powder
1 T nutritional yeast (optional)
1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 T Italian Seasoning
1 egg

 Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine ground turkey and all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well making sure the egg is beaten in well.  Form meat into balls and place on cookie sheet. Place sheet in oven and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through. Makes about 12 medium meatballs! Serve with your favorite pasta and sauce! Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment