The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Feta Couscous Salad





As I am writing this down to share with you all...I am stuffing my face with it! Wow I think I've found a new favorite salad! It uses couscous and pasta noodles if you'd like, I ran out of couscous so I ended up using both! Honestly I don't know if couscous is a grain, or pasta. I've researched it, and it seems to be an ongoing debate, but who really cares right it just tastes good and it's very nutritious. I used Israeli couscous since they are quite a bit larger than other couscous grains. This beautiful salad is so colorful and has a lot of flavor because of all the different veggies and the dressing! I couldn't wait so I ate it warm and it rocked, it's in the fridge cooling right now, but I know it's going to be awesome cold too! I added just a little Feta cheese just for a fun flavor, but if you don't want the cheese in by all means take it out, I think it's great without it also! This is a perfect salad for get together's and pot lucks! Enjoy

Feta Couscous Salad

2 c Israeli Couscous
2 C pasta of your choice
3 crowns of broccoli
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 red onion
1 C sun dried tomatoes
1/2 can of black olives
1/2 large cucumber sliced
1/4 c chopped or crumbled Feta Cheese
1 C raw spinach
2/3 C apple cider vinegar
1/3 C red wine vinegar
1/3 C canola or olive oil
1 1/2 packets of Italian dressing seasoning
1/3 c agave or honey

Add 2-3 C water to pot and add couscous. Cook until tender. Drain and set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions drain. Place spinach in the bottom of the bowl you plan to use and pour warm couscous and pasta over the top. Cover bowl with a towel and set aside (this will wilt the spinach). Mean while chop all other vegetables to the desired sizes and combine with pasta and couscous. For the dressing combine all the ingredients to small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over vegetables and pasta. Cut up Feta cheese or crumble it over the top of pasta and mix to combine. Place in the fridge and let it cool for 2 hours. Or eat it warm!




No comments:

Post a Comment