The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Butter Bean Scotchies!



My mother-in-law gave me a recipe when my husband and I were first married for oatmeal scotchie cookies! They are Derek's favorite cookie, the only problem is they use about two sticks of butter and tons of sugar!
Today my nephew came to play so I wanted to have some fun with all the kids and make some cookies, well I wanted to clean up those scotchies....we all love that recipe and we've missed it, but can't justify eating. Well I'm happy to report we've done it! We cleaned up those cookies and now there are no worries when I plop one into my mouth! It's awesome when you can keep the taste you love without all the harmful ingredients!

Butter Bean Scotchies

1 c oats
1 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
dash of salt
1/2 c butter beans
1 T bean liquid
1/4 c raw cane sugar
1/4 c agave nectar
1/4 c applesauce
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp honey
1/2 butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add 1/4 c of oats to blender. Pulse 6-8 times and pour into a bowl. Combine remaining oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to bowl, whisk together. In blender remaining ingredients including sugar. Blend until smooth, combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients.  Fold in butterscotch chips. Form into balls or flatten with palms (they don't flatten by themselves very much). Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees! Enjoy


They are delicious!

* p.s. follow me on facebook, naturally healthy and happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment