The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Raspberry Almond Crumble Squares (GF)



Raspberries are about the tastiest berry out there to me! Put them with something nutty, and sweet and they're even better. I found this recipe at ohsheglows and I really wanted to try them! They are gluten free and I wanted to make them for my mom who has Celiac Disease! I have attempted some gluten free treats before for my mom and I think I've had about three turn out good, I'm slowly learning the tricks to gluten free treats, so I was nervous to try these out, but I am very happy with the result! I love the almond taste with the raspberry.I've never used almond extract before...I know crazy huh, that stuff smells so stinking good I think I'm just going to carry with me everywhere! not really guys...I think these are great for a sweet breakfast, snack, or with ice cream yum. The original recipe used cherries, but I used raspberries. Any berry would work really, so pick your favorite and go with it. This bar comes with the super simple jam filling recipe or you can really use store bought jam if you'd prefer! I've linked the original recipe so you can view it here


Raspberry Almond Crumble Squares
1 1/2 c almonds (or 1 1/2 c + 2 T almond meal)
1/4 c brown rice flour
2 T ground flax
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 c almond butter
6 T agave
1/2 tsp almond extract

Raspberry Chia Seed Jam
3 c raspberries
2 1/2 T agave
2 T chia seeds
1/2 tsp almond extract



 Heat oven to 350 degrees. Blend almonds until into a flour consistency, be careful not to blend too long and release the oils (unless you use almond meal, just combine it with the rest of the dry ingredients). Combine almond flour with remaining dry ingredients. Combine all wet ingredients and mix them into dry ingredients. Set aside 1/2 c dough for crumbles. Press dough in 8 inch pan. Poke holes all over with a fork. Pre-bake 8-10 min. Meanwhile, make jam. Add raspberries and agave to small pot, bring to a boil stirring often. Stir in Chia seeds and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add almond extract. Spread jam over dough in pan and add remaining dough for crumbles over the top. Bake another 12-13 minutes, or until the crumbles are golden. Let the bars cool for 30-40 minutes before removing them, the dough is pretty crumbly when it's warm so it falls apart pretty easy! Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment