The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Walnut Zucchini Bread








This little creation was a back up plan if another little creation failed...which it did...miserably! I'm so glad it did though. This bread turned out so great! I love all the flavors meshed together and the nice crunch of the walnuts! It was quite easy to make, with low sugar, and you can't even tell! It tasted sweet and yummy! I will be keeping it for sure. I played around with my chocolate chip zucchini muffin recipe to work out this bread, I didn't make a ton of changes, but enough to make them different! Enjoy

Walnut Zucchini Bread

2 c spelt flour (or all purpose)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 c coconut sugar
1/4 c agave
2 c shredded zucchini
1/4 c coconut oil
1/4 c applesauce
2 eggs (or flax eggs)
1 T vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/2 c crushed walnuts

 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients in medium bowl and whisk together. Melt coconut oil and combine all wet ingredients in small bowl, including zucchini. Combine wet and dry ingredients until batter is very moist. Pour batter into bread pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, or until golden on top and bread is baked through! This is AMAZING  warm out of the oven, enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment