The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hawaiian Chicken!




You know, I stick to a pretty filling plant diet, but I'll admit sometime a nice tangy, sweet chicken is wonderful! There are some meats I have chosen to not eat any more, pork of any kind and red meat! I'm still working on the poultry! I do think it's okay to eat meat health wise maybe a couple days a week, it's just the animal part...I know that's why a lot of people don't eat meat is for animal rights, which is great! But if you do have chicken every once in awhile or however you eat it, I really liked this recipe, we served it on a bed of wild rice and it was great! It also is really easy to make. I baked my chicken, but I'm sure this could be done in the crock pot as well! You can use canned pineapple, but it will have more sugars in it, so fresh pineapple would be best! This is a great summer dinner!!!


Hawaiian Chicken

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 fresh pineapple, chopped (or canned tidbits)
1/2 C honey
1/3 C water
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 T cornstarch
1/4 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp Mrs. Dash seasoning (by the way if you don't know this is a salt replacement, it's made from veggies, use it, love it!)

Oven Baking method: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken breasts in baking dish, sprinkle with cumin, onion powder and Mrs. Dash. Add pineapple, honey, water, nutmeg, and cornstarch to blender. Blend until a chunky puree or desired thickness has occurred. Pour 1/3 amount of pineapple sauce onto chicken. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and turn chicken over, add another 1/3 of pineapple sauce to chicken, return to the oven uncovered and bake another 20 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through! Serve with rice and top with remaining pineapple sauce!

Crock Pot version: Add chicken and chicken seasonings to the crock pot with small amount of water. Cook on low for about 4 hours, add remaining ingredients. You can puree the sauce or just add the ingredients whole, whatever texture you'd like, cook for another 2-3 hours, stir up the sauce every once in a while if you chose not to puree it! 

Enjoy





No comments:

Post a Comment