The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Vegetarian Kabobs (with vegan option)






It's "K" day and all I have to say is....MMMMM....that's what comes to mind when I think about this perfect summertime meal! I love kabobs, but guess what! I don't have a grill!!! What.... I know we're missing out, we're saving up for one! Anyways so I decided to bake these veggie kabobs and they turned out terrific! I served them with Quinoa and it turned out to be a perfect meal. You really don't need chicken or beef to make a kabob enjoyable!

I had some negativity in my head while I was making dinner though, I kept saying to myself, my kids aren't going to eat this. I just know my little man is going to throw it everywhere, my daughter will just cry about how she doesn't like it before she tries it, but I reeeaaaallly want to make this for dinner so I'll just deal with it then!!!

Well, my little pumpkins shut those negative thoughts right up! Yes my son had a hard time eating it, but that was because he was having a tough time handling the fork, once I helped out a little bit he couldn't get enough of everything!!! My little girl ate it all, except she asked if she could not eat the onions, I agreed, she ate all the carrots and squash so how could I not!

Dinners like these, where I think they are just going to be "Mom and Dad" dinners, but turn into healthy family dinners...this is why I do this!!! It makes it so worth it! I encourage you to make these your own, I used vegetables that I love, but add mushrooms, peppers, whatever you'd like!

Vegetarian Kabobs
1 zucchini squash
1 yellow squash
1/2 onion
3 full carrots
1 T olive oil
1/2 packet of Italian dressing seasoning

Chop vegetables into desired sizes. Make sure the onions aren't in a ring. Add olive oil to skillet and heat over medium. Add vegetables and seasoning and saute for 7 minutes or so to start tenderizing and making sure they are well coated with the seasoning.

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Assemble vegetables onto skewer, and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes then remove and flip skewers to the other side, be careful not to get burned by the stinking pan

Bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven! Enjoy with quinoa, salad, or brown rice!!!!


Perfect for a BBQ

*Italian Dressing Seasoning is not vegan, so for a vegan option use Mrs. Dash vegetable seasoning, with 1 tsp dried parsley, 1 tsp dried basil, and 1 tsp dried oregano!


No comments:

Post a Comment