The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Homemade Steak Fries




Well we really are getting into summer food, I've been seeing so many recipes for potato wedges, or other fries, that I wanted in on the fun so I thought I'd whip up some! I combined a few ideas from the zestycook.com and one from my friend Ashley from her blog here! The result was awesome. I had originally wanted to use a sweet potato since they are better for you, but when the craving hit all I had were some baking potatoes, so just be aware feel free to use any potato you'd like, for more health and nutrients though use a sweet potato!

Homemade Steak Fries
4-5 julienne d potatoes, skin on
2 egg whites
1 T paprika
1 T Mrs. Dash
Salt and pepper to taste (optional)

Slice potatoes, try and keep them as even as possible. Place in a large bowl and cover with water with 1 tsp salt. Soak for 30 minutes. Pre  Heat oven to 375 degrees. Rinse and dry potatoes. Place egg whites in a small bowl and whip until frothy. Dip potato slices in egg whites place on slightly greased cookie sheet (use olive oil cooking spray, or coconut oil to grease the pan) Season fries with half of paprika and Mrs. Dash. Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Take them out and flip over. Use remaining seasonings. Place back in the oven and bake for another 12 minutes. Take them out check for the desired tenderness. If they aren't as tender or crispy as you'd like them put them back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment