The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins



I had some Zucchini squash that I didn't have anything to do with, so I decided to try my hand at zucchini bread, since I've never made it, then I thought...hmmm one of the fam's favorite breakfasts are muffins so I compiled some recipes from all over changed up some of the ingredients to my own tastes and I'm happy to say the result was awesome!!!! Most recipes wanted raisins or nuts, but my choco-holic came out and I thought I'd sneak a few chocolate chips into mine. It was yummy! I do think nuts and raisins would be good in them too though! These are super easy and with some adaptions I've made not to bad for you :)

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins

2 eggs 
1/4 C coconut sugar
1/2 C cane sugar
1/4 C coconut oil
1/4 C applesauce
1 T vanilla
2 C shredded zucchini 
2 C spelt flour (or any whole grain flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 c chocolate chips, raisins, nuts or whatever you want :)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine vanilla, applesauce, coconut oil, eggs and zucchini in small bowl. Combine remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl, including chocolate chips. Mix in zucchini mixture with dry ingredients. Mine was a little dry so I added about a tablespoon of almond milk, so if your's are dry just add a small amount of milk to it. Spoon 2/3 into greased muffin tin or muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Super yummy, enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment