The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Chocolate Dream Cookies




Have you ever just thought of an idea for a recipe but had no idea where to start? Well that's what happened here. I thought a chocolate cookie with coconut flakes would just be wonderful, but how would I make it natural, and healthier? I could've jumped on my friend google and probably found a trillion different recipes, but I decided to take on the challenge myself and see if it was even possible for me to invent a cookie from my head! Well I'm happy to say after two tries I think I have a winner! The first batch to me had a great flavor but they were super dry...like take a bite, drink something, take a bite etc. So that had to be changed asap! My son, absolutely loves these...he sits at the counter where they are cooling just trying his hardest to reach too bad he's only two feet tall! These were pretty simple, once I had my flow going and figured out the ingredients I needed to make these.

I had originally planned on using eggs, but when I went into my fridge...well they were all gone. So that is where the beans come into play, so just to let you know they may work fine with 2 eggs, they may not I haven't tried it. If the beans don't sound great (you can't taste them I promise) then try some eggs, better yet try a flax egg (1 T ground flax see +2-3 T water, simmer together 5 minutes and cool)...let me know how it goes! I still think you should get out a glass of almond milk with these...who doesn't like milk with chocolate!

Chocolate Dream Cookies
1/2 c vegan margarine (or I've used smart balance, lite)
1/2 c coconut oil
1 c cane sugar
2 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c coconut flakes
1 cup agave nectar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 c cocoa powder
1/4 c applesauce
1/8 c almond milk (optional)
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips

 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream cane sugar, agave, coconut oil and margarine in small bowl. Add to blender along with remaining wet ingredients. Blend until smooth. Whisk together dry ingredients in medium bowl, add in wet ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips. Roll dough into small balls and place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees! 

*these won't really flatten out thin, they stay more in the ball form. If you'd like them flatter before you bake them flatten them with your hands.




No comments:

Post a Comment