The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Honey Whole Wheat Pizza Crust

This recipe was super easy and it tasted really good! I was sooooo excited it worked out, I am probably the worst baker when it comes to yeast breads, and finally I got this one to behave! I love the honey in this dough, it's very nice!  When your in the mood for pizza instead of ordering delivery spend that 20 minutes making your own, but a much healthier version! This dough doesn't take long to prep, it's not really meant for thick crust, more of a thinner crust so it only takes a few minutes to rise.


Honey Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Crust

1 package instant yeast
1 c warm water
2 c whole wheat flour
1/4 c wheat germ
1 tsp salt
1 T honey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine yeast with warm water and set aside, wait for it to completely dissolve, about 10 minutes. In a large bowl combine flour, wheat germ and salt. Make a well to add the honey and yeast mixture into. Add honey, add yeast and water mixture. Knead dough until all ingredients are combined well and form in into a ball. Place in a warm area for a few minutes. Roll dough out onto pizza stone, pan or baking dish (however your doing it)poke holes with fork all over dough.  pre-bake for 10 minutes. Add ingredients and and bake for another 15 minutes. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment