The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes




These were AWESOME! I debated whether I should put them on here, they aren't the worst thing you can eat, but they aren't the healthiest recipe I've got on here, but I have a crush on them and my family does too, so I had to share them. I got the idea from a doughnut recipe at this link, but it turns out I don't have a doughnut pan, and apparently no stores near by choose to carry a doughnut pan. So I played around with the idea of a bunt cake, but then I didn't know how long to bake it, then I thought of doughnut holes, but the batter is to thin you can't form the ball...next thing I know my husband just walks in a takes one look at my predicament and says "why don't you just do cupcakes!" ding ding, they would bake the same amount of time as the original recipe and the glaze would be really nice on them. I tweaked the flour just a bit in my recipe, but they still tasted great. I don't know if I got a cookie vibe, so try them out and let me know if you can think of something else to call them. I also think they would be great without the chocolate....whhhhaattt did I just say that? Yes, I think the cinnamon and other sweet flavors make it nice without adding chocolate! But you decide for yourself!



Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes
1/2 c non-dairy milk
1/4 c earth balance (or another margarine) melted
3 T applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
1 c all purpose flour (I used Spelt Flour)
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c  semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)

Glaze
1/4 C + 1 T non dairy milk
1/4 c cashew butter
2 T margarine, melted
1/4 c flour
1/4 c sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk wet ingredients in medium bowl. Sift in dry ingredients and mix together. Fold in chocolate chips if using. Fill greased muffin tins 1/2 full and bake for about 12 minutes. Meanwhile place all glaze ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until all combined and smooth. When cupcakes are done, remove and let cool for about 15 minutes before you put the glaze on. These will keep about 3 days! 


*tip don't add glaze until your ready to eat one to avoid the cupcake from getting soggy!



No comments:

Post a Comment