The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Physical Finess, where it fits in!



Honesty is important to me on this blog. Honestly, I didn't do so great yesterday! We had a huge family get together for my brother and I have never seen so many TREATS! I did really, really good when we were actually eating. I didn't eat the pork sandwiches, the baked beans since they had bacon, I only had salads and fruit and one of my cashew cookies!

Then we went to my mom's house to help clean up. Well everyone brought EVERY TREAT back and put it right in front of my face! So I didn't ever eat a whole dessert, but man I started picking, a little here a little there! I felt so....blah by the time we left!

When we were driving home, I thought to myself  'no way can a few bites of a few desserts make me feel so gross so quick."' I did a recount of my activities over the last few days and realized I haven't done anything fitness oriented (except chase my kids around) for four days! I've either been baking in the evenings or working on my eBook! I feel less energetic and I don't have that "tight" feeling in my muscles. Oh, I miss it.

I never would have thought that some day I would miss being active...I used to hate every second of working out~

Physical fitness is such an important part of a healthy lifestyle.It not only helps you be a stronger, leaner person, it helps bring oxegyn to your muscles, it helps strengthen you joints, and very importantly it helps strengthen your cardio vascular health! It holds hands with a healthy diet! They work together. Diet is more important in my opinion. You can work your butt off but if you're eating cheeseburgers and fries everyday, your not going to see results! But you can also plateau in a healthy diet if you aren't coupling it with physical fitness! It can be easy to start! You don't need to go to a gym for two hours, you can get a great workout there, but if you're like me and have no where to take your kids while you go you can do a great workout in your home! I choose to workout in the evenings when the kids are asleep since I wake up so early to go to work. There have been many a time when I've used tupperware filled with toys as my weights! It works those things weigh close to 7 pounds! Or I've used a gallon of milk! Crazy huh! But it works. I've ran stairs on my stairs, it works.

Physical fitness is so important to disease proofing our bodies! Don't neglect healthy eating or your exercise routines, or trust me it calls for some tough  Mondays!

Challenge yourself this week, if you don't have a fitness routine try and add some workouts to your week! Even if it's only 20 minutes a day, couple that with tons of water, and more fruits and veggies and less grease!  By Saturday see how you're feeling! You'll prove it to yourself, I don't need to preach about how good you will feel! Let me know what workouts you enjoy, do you get creative with your workouts sometimes too? What has worked for you? Let me know how your week goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment