The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 3, 2012

No Bake Pumpkin Mousse Pie (GF)



 Okay, this may be a somewhat fast post...we're on mini vacation and heading to the lake ASAP for some fun boating and tubing....so here we go!

We've been at my parent's house for the night and I made this with my mom in mind. She's really cutting back her sugar intake at the moment and also has Celiac Disease, so she is all gluten free all the time. I knew that for our alphabet day "P" I wanted to make something with pumpkin, I had originally set out to make pumpkin cookies, but this mousse pie sounded a bit more fun! I think traditional pumpkin pie needs to run for cover this Thanksgiving! I had my mom be my critic since she is a pro at gluten free. She said it tasted really nice and she felt like it was healthy with no guilt. The original recipe is made with vanilla ice cream, I made it with bananas. She said if you want more of a dessert taste than use ice cream. We both suggest Coconut milk Ice cream, it's lower in calories, fat, it's vegan and it's all around healthier. If you'd like a yummy tasting no guilt, really healthy treat, follow the original recipe. Some things that are officially on my budget wish list since staying with my parents, a nice food processor and a nice fandangled camera!!!! Love it!

No bake Pumpkin Mousse Pie

4 frozen bananas
1 C canned pumpkin
1 T vanilla
1/4 C almond milk
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 C coconut sugar or agave

Crust
1 C almonds (or almond meal)
1/4 C brown rice Flour
1/2 C almond butter (or any nut butter)
1/4 C agave or honey
1/2 tsp almond extract

For the Crust: place almonds in food processor and process until they are a flour. It tastes better smoother and less chunky so if you'd like just use almond meal. Add processed almonds to medium bowl. Combine with brown rice flour. Combine agave, almond butter and almond extract to small bowl. Microwave for a few seconds until it's melted together slightly. Combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix well, you're probably going to have to use your hands, so get in there and get dirty! Smash crust on the bottom of a spring form pan.
For the Mousse: Add bananas, almond milk and vanilla to  food processor and process until you have a soft serve consistency. Add pumpkin, coconut sugar, and spices to the soft serve and process until completely combined. Spread topping over the crust and place in the freezer to set up. *Personally I liked it better thawed out and more mousse like, so after it has set up, I would move it over to the fridge so it thaws a bit before eating it, but it you'd like it frozen go for it! Store in freezer or fridge, it should keep for 2 days in the fridge. Enjoy


*remember if you'd like to use already made ice cream try the coconut milk ice cream instead of the bananas!



No comments:

Post a Comment