The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Crock Pot Mac and Cheeze



This crock- pot challenge is going to to be so much fun! I gives some variety to our meals and sure frees up some time in the kitchen. This mac and cheese was an easy start and I mean who doesn't love some homemade mac and cheese every once in a while!

To tell you the truth I've never made pasta in the crock pot, it never even crossed my mind that it was something you could do! What do you know, it works! The end result was really good, it did taste alot like my other mac and cheese recipes, it just didn't need to be baby sat the whole time.


Now there are several ways you can make this. You can use a cashew sauce, like I did, you can use some dairy free cheese, or vegan cream cheese to make this creamy. I had wanted to try the cream cheese way instead of a cashew sauce for once, but we went grocery shopping really late at night and our grocery store didn't have vegan cream cheese and the health food store was closed, so cashew sauce it was! I would love to hear if someone tries a cheese in place of the cashews how it turns out!

Crock Pot Mac and Cheeze
1/2 C cashews
1 C hot water
3/4 C tomato paste
3/4 C nutritional yeast
3 cloves garlic
1 T lemon juice
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
2 T non-dairy margarine (optional)
1 C almond milk
1 lb pasta of choice

Add cashews, garlic and water to the blender (it helps to soak them for an hour before) blend until completely smooth. Add cashew sauce to the crock pot add remaining ingredients besides the pasta. Cook on low for 3 hours, you might want to mix it up occasionally. Change temperature to high and add pasta, cook for another 45 minutes until pasta is tender. Top with dairy free cheese
and let it melt for a few minutes! Enjoy

*If you use cream cheese in place of the chashews just throw all the ingredients into the crock-pot, no need for the blender.


No comments:

Post a Comment