The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Channel Your Emotions into Something Healthy



Wow today has been an emotional roller coaster. My brother has left the state for two years and we won't be able to see him! We had an emotional good-bye this morning and it was not fun watching him kiss my little kids good-bye for a little while. My sister and I and our families made our way down to our parent's home last night to spend time as a family before he left. It is crazy we would be laughing, then I would start crying or my mom would or sister, then we'd be laughing and teasing each other again! I have an amazing family, and I will miss my little bro!

Last night my brother was able to pick whatever meal he wanted for his last night at home for awhile and he had Philly Cheese steak sandwiches. I said I was going to enjoy whatever he picked and eat up...I did. I didn't feel good in my stomach that night, but I enjoyed the meal with my family. It got me thinking on emotional eating. Have you ever been an emotional eater? I have. If I was feeling down, I'd eat...usually something sweet. For date nights that were filled with fun and excitement we always had to have buttery popcorn or cookies. When I was stressed I'd eat. Well I have found a good way to channel emotions so I avoid the emotional eating....fitness. I'm not a guru on fitness, I try and be active. My main focus has always been my diet. But I find that fitness is an awesome way to blow off steam, take your mind of issues or de-stress. I wanted to write out a simple guide to starting a fitness routine for those who may find it difficult to be consistent with fitness

- First I find it very important to assess your fitness levels. You don't want to over-do it. If your like I was you'll have a hard time starting up again

-Assemble your fitness equipment. Running shoes, weights, arm bands whatever. At home you can use just about everything. I've used a huge dictionary before that was stinkin' heavy for a weight.

-Write out your plan. I stick to a plan where I integrate Cardio and weight training. If I do an intense cardio day I do weight training the next day. I try and do 4-5 cardio days with 3-4 weight training days

-Have a goal in sight. I have found if you have something your reaching for it makes it soooo much easier to work hard. Whether it's training for a race or trying to get to a certain weight keep your goal in sight.

- Find a work out buddy. It is so much easier to stick with it when you have another person there to cheer you on.

- Just get started. It seems simple to say, but sometimes not so simple to do. Instead of watching a movie one evening, go for run or pop in a workout video. You'll be glad you got started.   

Develop your routine and you will be so much closer to a healthier lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment