The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Crock-Pot Orange Chicken





Alrighty, so right after the post about me possibly following a Vegan diet, here was dinner tonight...Orange Chicken :)! Well it's a work in progress.
This actually was very, very tasty. We used this for our "O" day for Alphabet Days. I loved the orange flavor so much I didn't want to share! It's a very simple recipe too which makes it all the better! Throw it in the crock-pot for a few hours with everything and there you go. I served ours with quinoa and green beans. It actually tasted like orange chicken, I don't know about you but whenever we would go out and get Chinese and we would order orange chicken, it never tasted like orange, it tasted just like a saucy chicken. I don't know it's been awhile since I've gone out for Chinese, maybe things have changed!

My kids were being funny tonight, I don't think it was the flavor, but they wouldn't eat. My daughter kept telling me she wasn't hungry and just didn't want to eat, I don't know they've had about 500 bananas and strawberries today maybe that's why. Here's a picture for a budget post. I ran to the store after work since we were a little low on fruits and I walked out with a stock pile! When things are on sale stock up, freeze, bake whatever! I got all this for under $15, the strawberries were $1 each at Smith's and the raspberries were $1.50, raspberry soft serve tonight, probably!!!! Sorry, for people all over the country and world, I don't know about your prices or if they would be similar at other Kroger stores. To save some money though take advantage of sales on produce and store it accordingly when you get home! I bought this many bananas because my kids are monkeys, seriously these might last us 4 days at most!

 Anyways  I enjoyed this recipe a lot. Perfect freezer meal and perfect for those busy days! It also makes your kitchen smell amaaaazing! I hope you enjoy it!


Crock Pot Orange Chicken

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 navel orange with skin
1/4 C raw honey
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 C low sodium Teriyaki sauce (optional)
2 T cornstarch

Add chicken to crock pot. Peel orange and add peels, squeeze as much juice as possible from the orange as possible. Add cumin, honey and teryiaki sauce if your are using it. Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4-5 hours. Remove chicken from crock pot when it is finished add cornstarch to the sauce to thicken it up. Serve with brown rice or Quinoa! Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment