The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Baked Apple Spice Mug



I've already kissed summer good-bye in my mind and I'm wishfully dreaming of the holidays. The smells, the tastes, the fun! I love spice smells, it makes me want want to grab my sweater, curl up with a book and drink a hot beverage! Then I bring myself back to reality and remind myself it's still 100 degrees outside and my AC is on! 

Well....I'll still take the hot beverage, just with my shorts and t-shirt on! 

I actually developed a little bit of a sore throat today and was wanting something soothing for it. I didn't just want hot water and lemon though, that just wasn't enough. So I went back into dreamland and thought spiced baked apples would be amazing! This drink was not whipped up in 5 minutes, but I had my thoughts toward my goal and I went for it. It paid off!


First my house smelled absolutely amazing! My kids had no idea what was in the oven but they said waiting patiently for it to be removed. They knew it had to be some rich, tasty, treat! 

Second, it really wasn't that hard, I just had to wait for the apples to bake! 

If you are like me and your ready to bring some fall into the house, go ahead and whip this up. Who cares if your kids are outside running through the sprinklers....I don't!


Baked Apple Spice Mug
  
1 apple, peeled and chopped
1 T cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground cloves
a mug full of almond milk!

Preheat oven to 375. Place the apple into a small baking dish sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves over the apples. Bake for 20 minutes or until the apples are the tenderness you'd like. If you'd like them in small chucks you can always blend them after they are baked, just blend them with the milk. 
Heat milk in microwave for about 90 seconds. Add spiced apples to the mug and stir so the spices combine with the milk. Sprinkle top with cinnamon. 
*if you'd like to have more a tea like drink do half and half with the water and milk.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment