The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Healthy Eating, Turned Passion. My letter to you





I feel so grateful to so many of you for sending me emails letting me know how you are trying recipes and finding that healthy, natural foods can taste wonderful and that your families will also enjoy them! I was smiling for half the day yesterday because of them.

When I first read Eat To Live and when I first began focusing more on a natural diet I never expected to share it with others. I felt I would be laughed at. I felt that no one would be interested in how I ate or how I acheived weight loss since it did require effort, study, changing ALOT of habits. So I never really did talk about it. However, when it became a family journey I became slightly more open about it, most of the time it was due to the fact that my husband liked sharing it with people. He liked to have people use vegan margarine and then spill the beans that it was vegan. He inspired me to have fun, to be passionate about how we were eating.

I felt like I was developing a platform of who I was and how I ate. You can see from some of my recipes I eat meat from time to time. I personally only eat poultry. I don't eat pork, red meat, or sea food (just because I hate the taste of sea food). I think it's okay. I eat about a 90% plant based diet and so do my children typically, my husband has a little bit more meat from time to time. So I feel we eat a very healthy diet. Others have disagreed since they believe we don't get adequate protein. Through my researching and experience I know we get our protein each day in adequate amounts. So that is what I promote, healthy eating with a balance! I found and believe that this health pours over into emotional health and can lift stress and health burdens off your list!

I've discovered as soon as I showed my passion about natural foods and eating healthy people don't tease as much, they don't say "you don't eat meat every day! Your crazy." They say encouraging things like,
 "good for you"
 "that's awesome" or things
"like wow, you really eat like that and you like it?"

 I like this question since it lets them wonder about it and build curiosity. It helps give a desire for someone else to try a recipe that they wouldn't have otherwise.

When I decided to start this blog I did it because the passion inside was spilling over! I wanted to just share it with everyone. I was tired of hearing other's around me saying their kids don't eat healthy foods or they wanted to eat healthy but didn't know where to start. I also wanted to let critics out there know that you can enjoy your food without it smoothered with cheese, dairy and meat ALL  the time! I wanted to show that my kids aren't deprived of sweets and neither am I, I've enjoyed my delicious raspberry freeze drops numerous times today :). I am overwhelmed at the response I've received and the support. I've met some other bloggers who share the same passion and it has been so exciting.

I am so grateful for your support and your questions. It lets me talk about things I love :). I'm excited to launch our eBook. I'm writing the last section as we speak then hopefully we can get some marketing going, get some designers! I am thrilled for your questions since we will be breaking down how we started in the book!

Thank you again for following me and helping me share my passion! You all are wonderful and keep trying to change your habits...it will change your life!

Much Love,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment