The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

New SPARK challenge & Eating Healthy Eating Out!



I am really excited for a NEW review! A friend of mine who is a representative for advocare   asked me if I would be willing to participate in a 31 day challenge to promote one of their products called SPARK. Spark uses vitamins and minerals to give you energy and focus.


As a "re-covering pop-a-holic" I understand what it means to need your caffeine energy for the day. Soda gives you so much yuck at the same time as giving you your boost in energy. One time I was watching a show, I think it was The Dr.'s or something and a lady was on there discussing soda. She said if you are a regular soda drinker, like every day, if you cut it out you had the potential to lose 40 lbs a year! Just for cutting out soda! It's pure sugar and just flat out not good for us! If anyone knows how hard it is to give it up, it's me. When I decided not to drink the stuff anymore I remember how hard it was to come off the addiction. It was an addiction for me. I remember going into work and seeing other employees with their huge 44 oz mugs of Diet Coke and I would just salivate...literally. I felt like I was in AA I needed co-worker support and intervention to not let me run to the vending machines to get a bottle of pop! 

I currently do not crave soda or any type of drink like that. I agreed to do this challenge since I understand the need for a pick me up. For any friends or readers who struggle with "needing" their soda fix or coffee or whatever you need to pick you up, I wanted to find a healthier option for you to wean off the liquid sugar that soda is. So what does the challenge consist of:

So for 31 days replace all other drinks with one package of SPARK a day and TONS of water. I'll journal about how I'm feeling and then at the end I'll let you know what I think. 

I want to note that I believe that we can get natural energy from eating a diet rich in plant foods, however I realize that many people are not quite there in their road to health or maybe don't feel the same as me, so this may be just what you're looking for! 

Okay- So I also wanted to show you how it is possible to choose healthier choices when you eat out. We decided yesterday to take our kids to the park and have a picnic. We have the cutest, cheapest, and tastiest bakery in town. We love it! So we decided to get some dinner from them. My husband was in charge of going and getting the food. He is very supportive of my decision to not eat animal products! He did so good, this is what he came back with for me
Just a pure veggie sandwich. He did have them put fat free mayo, but he tried and I was very grateful! It's nice to have support! It may take some creativity, but eating out can still be fun and healthier for you. I still believe it's healthier to eat your own food, but every once in awhile it is so much fun to go out with friends and family! Meatless meals, whole foods, and gluten free foods are spreading like wildfire and a lot of restaurants are integrating these foods into their menus. I was a waitress through college so I get it, all you need to do is ask. It's okay to work for tip :)

*If you'd like to order some of your own SPARK and do the challenge with me, email me or leave me a comment with your email and I'll put you in touch with my friend! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment