The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 1, 2012

"Cheezy" Chicken Enchiladas

I'm not a huge Mexican Food fan, but sometimes I just get that craving for some spiced up comfort food! I've always loved enchiladas, sometimes they can just be dripping in cheese so I don't always feel so hot after I've eaten them...so I thought up a tasty enchilada full of veggies and my cheesy sauce! I loved the result...so did the fam! My husband loves Mexican food so he's always happy when I get  my little cravings, he is my cheese man also and he really enjoyed these enchiladas. I had originally meant for them to be vegetarian, but I had some chicken in my fridge that I really needed to use so if your aiming for a vegetarian meal just take that chicken right out :)


"Cheezy" Chicken Enchiladas

2 c cooked cubed chicken
1/2 T coconut oil
1 can beans (I used kidney)
1 yellow bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 onion
1 1/2 c cooked brown rice
1 can enchilada sauce, divided
Emily's Cheeze Sauce (recipe link here)
Whole grain Tortillas (I had some yummy blue corn and flax tortillas)

Heat coconut oil in skillet add chicken, brown on both sides, cut up into cubes and cook until cooked through. Add vegetables, beans, rice and 1/4 can enchilada sauce. Simmer mixture on low in skillet. Meanwhile make cheeze sauce in the blender, add 1/3 cheeze sauce to skillet mixture. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place tortillas in baking dish. Fill each tortilla with desired amount and roll closed. Top all tortillas with remaining enchilada sauce and cheeze sauce. Cover and bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve with salad and corn! Enjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment