The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Be Nice To You!


I've noticed that health, fitness, and weight are all ways that we as people choose to be mean to ourselves. We never seem to live up to our own expectations, we can always be better. During this journey I've learned that I'm only human, I do have rough days. It's hard when you go on vacation, it's hard when your so tired your just craving some caffeine from that soda, it's hard when you've got the munchies and chips or Oreos are staring you in the face.  
The hardest thing for me is Diet Coke, well carbonation in general, I love the fiz. I love the taste, but what I don't love is after I drink it. I feel like I've just gained ten pounds instantly, I feel very tired and slow during my workouts. So I'd rather feel energized and on the few days where I have the intense craving I stay busy, I drink water and eventually the day comes to a close and I realize I didn't really need it. My mind just thought I did, and I check a small little victory for the day. That to me is better than sitting there after I've "enjoyed" a coke and wishing I wouldn't have gotten one. 
This blog holds no judgement. We all have tough days, I'm the author of it and yes sometimes I indulge in a fatty, chocolaty brownie. But I'm pleased to say the more I eat the way I do, the less I want the bad stuff and the more the good, natural things sound. It takes time. The bad food is designed to get us to crave more and more, sick huh! When we eat whole foods and healthy things our bodies are satisfied, they've found what they are looking for, so we'll see the cravings leave, the munchies, some aches and pains, and our energy will increase. It's amazing! Keep up the good work, forgive yourself and keep trying. 
One good tip I've found useful when your first trying, is plan your cheats. One day a week you get some ice cream, a small portion of course and that's it, no more, then keep working towards a day when you don't need your cheat day because you don't even crave it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment