The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Decadent Chocolate Torte



Are you kidding me!!!!! Can this recipe really be vegan, and taste this AWESOME!!! This was so rich and chocolatey it will satisfy any choco-holic in no time. I got this recipe from my favorite healthy vegan recipe site you can see it at this link. This has sugar in it, but my goodness compared to other desserts this rich there is no comparison which is a healthy choice! It has whole grain flour, almond milk, and the secret ingredient! I have been waiting to try this recipe for two months, honestly because of the secret ingredient! I was a little nervous, but I am so glad I did (and so are my kids)
      There are a few things that I really don't like just because of the texture...green peppers, I use them all the time in my cooking but by the end of my meal I see I have subconsciously picked them out and they are off to the side...and avocado. I really don't like the weird soft texture...like at all....so this brings me to the secret ingredient!!!


Avocado!!! Don't run away...remember what I just said I HATE avocado! You cannot taste it I promise...all you taste is silky chocolatey goodness! I am so glad I braved up and tried this. I had this dilemma you see, next week we're having a big family party and I'm in charge of bringing a dessert...well I thought okay this is my chance to show how I eat and cook how I want to cook no matter what I do so I can still eat healthy and enjoy those awesome family get togethers. Well this has solved my problem! I know this will be a hit and I'm not going to say what's in it until someone asks...I want the shock factor :) I'll update how it goes later!  Here it is

Decadent Chocolate Torte
Crust
1 c + 6 T Spelt flour
1/4 c + 2 T cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 c + 1/3 c sugar (any type, I used pure cane, but next time I might try coconut sugar)
1 T arrowroot powder (you can also use 3 T flour for the thickener)
1 tsp salt
4 T + 2 tsp canola oil
1/2 c almond milk
3 T maple syrup

Filling

2 C avocado (about 3)
1/3 c almond milk
2/3 c maple syrup
1 T peanut butter
1 T arrowroot powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 c + 2 T chocolate chips (melted)
1/4 c cocoa powder

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl sift together dry crust ingredients. In a small bowl combine wet crust ingredients. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Scoop crust batter into spring form pan or pie dish. Spread out along the bottom, it will be a little sticky. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare filling in blender. Combine all filling ingredients except chocolate chips. While ingredients are blending melt chocolate chips in microwave. Add to blender and blend with other ingredients. Remove crust from oven and let cool 10 minutes (mine was pretty cake like). When cooled spread filling over the top of the crust until completely covered. Put in the freezer and freeze 1.5- 2 hours.


* don't leave out for a long time because of the avocado. Store in the freezer if you have leftovers. I wrapped and then put them in a container with a lid to store. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment