The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Water!!!


 Drinking water is crucial to your fitness goals. It in a sense flushes out our systems. We all know that we need water to survive, but it adds so much to our over all good health. From personal experience it helps me stave off hunger pains, it helps me not want to indulge in a fizzy diet coke so much and I actually feel hydrated.
I used to get chronic headaches. Every day I would have an annoying ache in my head starting in the front reaching back all the way to end of of my neck, where it meets the shoulders. I actually went to the doc to because me, miss paranoia, thought I  might have a tumor or something. I realized basically on my own that it was built up tension in my scalp muscles, neck and  shoulder muscles. It wasn't  all from lack of hydration, some was from the pressure of working, taking care of kids and family, but most was diet and lack of hydration. I chose to make a change in all of that! I began the journey of diet change.
     Once I started eating right I noticed that my headaches were getting "less achy" they were slowly taking a hike and leaving me alone. However, I still wasn't drinking enough, I carried my water bottle everywhere but I only drank maybe half of it throughout the work day, that is not near enough. Then after discussing some things with others and researching, I decided to try and drink my body weight in ounces in water! So I gave it a go! I drank about 3-4 of my water bottle a day (a lot of bathroom breaks) and very shortly after my headaches went from less achy to non-existant! I didn't have them anymore, I also felt like I was flushing out all the bad stuff!
 I love water, I love to keep cold filtered water in my fridge, it's what I crave now and nothing can quench my thirst on a hot day like water! Water will be your greatest friend during your fitness journey. Give it a go today, try the challenge of drinking  your body weight in ounces of water, see how you feel! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment