The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Fruity Trail Mix



What a fun snack to make! I really wanted something sweet, but healthy to munch on when the snacking hits. I also haven't brought out my dehydrator for a long time...much too long. So I thought why not make some trail mix! Okay here's what you do, head to your health food store into the bulk section and then...go Crazy!!!! Trail mix is so fun since you can put just about anything in it. I decided I wanted to dry my own fruit so my kids could be a part of it, so I dried some strawberries, bananas and blueberries! By the way I love dried strawberries!!! They are so good...too bad they take like 12 hours to finish, but they are worth it! I also wanted to challenge myself not to put chocolate in something, not that it's a bad thing, it's just I love to sneak chocolate into anything I can...so for my sweet item I found some yummy yogurt raisins (which my son is eating all of) and I think it fit perfect with my mix. This snack can be made it two minutes if you don't dry your own fruit...such fast, easy healthy snack!

Fruity Trail Mix
1 c raw cashews
1 c raw almonds
1 c unsalted peanuts
1 c craisins
1/2 c yogurt raisins
1/2 c sunflower nuts
dried strawberries (I used about 5 cut up)
1 dried banana, or banana chips

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Store in Tupperware or plastic bag!



No comments:

Post a Comment