The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Zesty Couscous Medley

This was a yummy side or main dish. If you enjoy couscous you'll enjoy this. It was creamy and the Italian dressing made it pretty tangy. I love vegetables and potatoes, they tend to be my comfort food, so creamy comfort food without the guilt, I'm happy :) We had this along side some baked chicken and salad, but I look forward to having it as a yummy lunch.

Zesty Couscous Medley

1 1/2 C  couscous
3-4 medium potatoes
1/2 bag of frozen mixed veggies
3/4 C vegetable broth
3/4 C water
Creamy Tomato Sauce
3 T Italian dressing

* other vegetables to add if wanted, bell pepper, broccoli, asparagus, spinach...the sky's the limit


Add vegetables and potatoes to pot with 1/2 filled with water. Let simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, combine water and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add couscous and cover. Let stand for 5-7 minutes until couscous is tender and fluff with fork. Meanwhile make creamy tomato sauce from this recipe here. Add vegetables and sauce to skillet stir to coat. Add couscous and  Italian dressing. Let simmer and heat together 5 minutes stirring often. Sprinkle with parsley and serve
* for a cheesier flavor you can add 2 T nutritional yeast, or just some shredded cheese. 





No comments:

Post a Comment