The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Banana Blueberry Muffins

These are super yummy and a much better muffin for you. My family really enjoys these for breakfast. The original recipe had raspberries in it, I haven't tried it with raspberries but it does sound yummy.

Banana Blueberry Muffins
1 C whole grain flour
3/4 C rolled oats
3/4 C white wheat flour
1/4 C wheat germ
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 T chia seeds
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C blueberries

Wet Ingredients
1/2 C great northern beans
1/2 C applesauce
3 bananas
2 T almond oil (can also use canola)
1 tsp almond extract (or vanilla)
2 eggs
1/2 C honey
2 T maple syrup (optional, I use maple extract)
2 T berry jam (optional)


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl except blueberries. Add all wet ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well. Lightly coat blueberries with flour and add them to the mixture. Spoon into muffin tins about 3/4 full. Bake for 13-15 min. 

No comments:

Post a Comment