The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Raw Granola Bars






Granola bars have always been a tricky thing for me. Usually I have a really hard time getting them to actually stay in a bar form, but these were great they stayed in the little squares I cut them into. I've put these little babies into three different categories, treat, snack, and raw. They are so delicious and healthy, but they still taste like a treat to me, they make a great snack, and they have all raw ingredients so there you go. They are also so simple. They were a huge hit


Just combine all your dry ingredients, and then add the wet (you might want to microwave the wet for a few seconds to make sure you get all the lumps out)



Smash it all in a cake pan, and freeze it for about an hour! Your done
*Tip keep them in the fridge, if left out they will start to fall apart, but hey I guess you have some granola then :)


Raw Granola Bars
3 C oats
1/2 C chia seeds
1 1/2 C cashews (or almonds)
1 1/2 C coconut flakes
3/4 C sesame seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 C sprouted buckwheat groats (optional)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 raisins (or chocolate chips if you don't want completely raw)
1 C natural peanut butter (or almond butter, I use half and half)
3/4 C raw honey (I have also used agave)
5-6 T coconut oil
 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla

Combine dry ingredients into bowl. Combine peanut butter/almond butter, coconut oil, honey and vanilla in separate bowl. You may have to microwave wet ingredients to make sure coconut oil and nut butters are smooth. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Pack into cake pan and place in freezer for about 30-hour or until desired hardness is achieved. Keep refrigerated

No comments:

Post a Comment