The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Banana Cinnamon French Toast

I've made this a few times because it is SOOO simple and tasty. I found this recipe on here, My kiddos love it. This isn't your typical french toast, no eggs, no butter nothing like that. It typically only has four ingredients, however this last time I added some maple extract...yummy it'll be a permanent addition I think.


Super simple just combine all the ingredients and blend!

Then you just coat your bread like regular french toast, the tricky part does come in cooking the bread. The batter tends to get a little sticky, so keep a close eye on it, I find I do have to constantly scrape the pan or the remnants of batter burn quickly. The bread will be soft. 


Banana Cinnamon French Toast

1 banana
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup soy milk
1/4 cup oats
1 tsp maple extract

Combine soymilk, oats, banana, and maple extract in blender. Blend on high until smooth. Pour into shallow baking dish. Add cinnamon. Mix well. Soak bread before putting it on skillet. Make sure to spray pan with non-stick spray, cook on each side until golden, Turn carefully because they get sticky. You can have these with syrup, or alone. I put fresh raspberries and blueberries on mine it was delish!!!! And here is your end result...

Happy Kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment