The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Quick Alfredo

I love pasta and creamy sauces soooo much, seriously it's almost sick. I'm so glad I have discovered cashew sauces it has the good fats and so much less saturated fats and I honestly think they taste better than some other cream sauces. This Alfredo recipe is no different. I love the creamy taste and I always love the taste of nutmeg with my creamy pastas. It's very similar to other mac and cheese recipes with little less cheesy taste and more of just a creamy taste!

1/2 C cashews
1 garlic clove
3 T nutritional yeast
3/4 C + 2 T almond Milk
1 T lemon juice
2 T margarine (preferably earth balance, whipped)
1 1/2 T dijon mustard
Nutmeg to taste
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp paprika
1 lb pasta

Combine all ingredients into blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and mix in Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle nutmeg on top. Enjoy!

*you can also put any type of veggie you'd like with this, like peas, corn, broccoli whatever! Yum!
ps. ignore my thumb in the picture I never said I was a photographer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment