The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Plateau & Challenge


I feel as if I've plateaued at my weight, and I'm still not where I'd like to be. I think I've been eating healthy, but I still have probably been eating too many carbs, like pasta and bread carbs...not enough fruit and veggie carbs. I was skimming over my Eat to Live book last night just to reread some things and I'm all pumped up again. The amazing thing about eating, whole, natural, and a lot of plant based food is the potential weight loss you can have without feeling hungry. You can eat AS MUCH  as you want according to Eat to Live and you'll still lose weight.

I've done it. I don't know if I've ever really talked about how much I lost after having my first baby. After my daughter is when I first read Eat to Live, I wanted it simply for weight loss not a lifestyle change. Guys I followed that baby to the T! My starting weight I remember was 175- Yikes! My lowest weight was 132! That was a period of 3 months- 3 months...yes I repeated it! Amazing...3 months- sorry one more for good measure! Over 40 lbs and I felt amazing...you'd think I'd get a clue, but I fell off the band wagon a few years after and by the time my second baby was born I was just as heavy and man I can tell you it really does get harder to lose the weight after each one :)

image source: www.drfuhrman.com

So anyways this week I'm still going to be making delicious crock pot dinners but I'm also really going to hit the Eat to Live eating because I know that I'll automatically have some pounds shed by the end of the week, I won't even have to exercise if I don't want to, I will but I don't have to to lose some weight.

So for those of you who haven't read Eat to Live- it is tons of plant food...especially green vegetables. You can eat as much as you want with fruits and veggies, then add a lot of beans and seeds and just cut down on rice and things like that-

For breakfast I have with me
  1. 1 banana
  2. 1 nectarine
  3. 1 apple
For lunch I am going to have a huge salad, with raw broccoli, carrots, and sunflower seeds. some beans on top, or maybe a small bowl of my vegetarian chili with my salad and I'm going to make my orange chia dressing to go on top. Tonight, I'm going to make crock pot enchiladas I believe, that will have tons of beans, peppers and veggies like that in them! So- my challenge for any of you trying  to lose some weight with me, try to come along this week and see if you have any results. Some rules if you want results are try not to drink soda- try just water, avoid meat, eggs and milk for the week, really stick to dark leafy greens, beans, fruit and nuts! See if you've lost anything by the end of the week. It's going to be fun! It seems hard, and when you first start it really isn't easy to give up some things, but you'll become addicted to the results.

If you'd like to see the full weight loss plan read Eat to Live, it's a 6 week plan, remember over 40 lbs for me in 3 months....yes I really want that to sink in! Amazing!


Contact me this week and let me know how it's going or leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment