The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Failure and Winner!!!!



Let's get honest shall we? I don't always have delicious dinners to serve my family. There are times when I have to bust out the old PB&J. When I started this crock pot challenge I had envisioned lovely dinners and desserts every day. Well sometimes life happens so I don't get to make dinner that night or we have a lot of left overs to eat or maybe I just have a disaster of a meal that I am so sad I can't eat. Last night was no exception

I attempted to make the Honey, Orange Broccoli and Tofu. I thought it would be great since I have been loving using silken tofu in my desserts, so I thought I 'd have no problem with firm tofu. Remember how I always talk about we need to allow our kids time to adjust their tastes...well apparently eating tofu like chicken is a taste I need to adjust. I just didn't like how everything turned out....the broccoli was too cooked, the tofu was bland and tasted like just a piece of soy (which I guess it is) and the sauce was not sauce it looked like water. So, not a good dinner and yes I pulled out the peanut butter!


On a brighter note, today for lunch we had a great creation, tasty hummus!. It wasn't from the crock pot, but it was so tasty and really good for you. It comes straight from my Eat to Live book. I was laughing the other day about how after my daughter was born and I first did the Eat to Live Challenge to lose weight I looked at the recipes and thought they sounded gross, and I didn't know what half the ingredients were....I didn't know ANYTHING ABOUT FOOD! Now I read it again and everything sounds so delicious to me...funny how things change. 

Dr. Fuhrman's Tasty Hummus Spread
1 1/4 C chick peas (garbanzo beans)
1 heaping T sunflower seed butter (tahini)
2 garlic cloves
2 T lemon juice
1/3 c bean liquid or water
cumin to taste

Add all ingredients to blender and blend until completely smooth. If you want it thick add more beans or sunflower seed butter. Use on sandwiches or wraps!

I made myself I salad wrap on corn tortillas filled with tons of lettuce, it was so awesome! What an easy lunch!



I sandwiched them together and made it like a tostada!

No comments:

Post a Comment