The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Guest Post Series- Don't miss it!!!

I wanted to add some different thoughts on this blog instead of just my ramblings all the time, so I reached out to my good friend Michele who I've shared many healthy living discussions with. I asked her to share how diet and food choices have affected her own life and her family. She is an excellent mommy, chef, and lady!She is a blogger and posts her awesome recipes at her own blog! Lucky enough you all are going to get several posts coming your way to help see how diet affects someone else! Enjoy

Hi, I'm Michele and I'm so excited to share with you today!  Healthy living is something that is very close to my heart and something that I love to inspire in others as well.  I hope what I share with you can in some way be an inspiration in your healthy living journey. 

Food is about as controversial as religion, from what I’ve experienced.  The way people eat, and their thoughts about food, is ingrained in their brains.   It is very difficult to persuade anyone to eat differently, even if it may be a better way.  I believe there is more than one way to achieve great health.  I don’t think the “it’s my way or the highway,” kind of approach is beneficial to anyone. That’s why it is important to become educated when you embark on any kind of journey.

So, with that I’ll give you some great resources as you begin:
The Green Smoothies Diet, by Robyn Oppenshaw (Check her website, she does free seminars all over and she is also Utah-based.)
In Defense of Food, by Michael Pollan
The Original Fast Foods, by Jim and Colleen Simmons
The China Study, by T. Colin Campbell

Stay tuned for upcoming posts where I’ll talk about the changes we’ve made in our diet at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment