The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes




Oh man do you ever wake up just craving some syrupy goodness? Today I did, it wasn't the pancakes I was craving it was my boysenberry syrup I bought a little while ago! I grew up on that stuff and I adore it...no it is not sugar free, but my pancakes were!

Pancakes warm my soul! I love the flavors and I adore the rich taste of any syrup really poured over the top of fluffy, hot pancakes. What makes me feel better is when I get the same comfort food with no oil and no sugar (apart from the chocolate chips of course :) ) I love watching the kids gobble delicious nutritious food up and ask for more...this morning in particular we had to make a whole new batch--I couldn't keep up with the demand!

I'm very satisfied with my end result this morning. I found these little babies here and I tweaked it just a little bit to make them oil free and a little more holiday spice! Delicious. I didn't even use that many chocolate chips, but they sure melted when I added them to the skillet and it made them quite homely looking! Even though they looked ugly they were very delicious. 

If you want a fast, healthy, satisfying breakfast for your whole family...you have got to try these
Oh and by the way...this only takes one bowl for mixing except a small bowl for the flax egg...pretty sweet.



Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes
1 ripe banana
1 flax/chia egg (1 T ground flax +1 tsp chia seed +3 T water)
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c steel cut oats (or any oats)
1 T applesauce
3 T almond milk
1 T almond butter- melted down a little
3 T semi sweet chocolate chips or raisins

Mix flax egg and set aside for 5 minutes in a small bowl. Mash banana and baking powder together. Add flax egg, applesauce, almond milk, almond butter, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix together well. Add flour and oats, combine until well coated. Fold in chocolate chips. Heat skillet and pour 1/4 c of batter onto skillet. Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. You may want to double this recipe...it only yields about 5-6 small pancakes...
seriously I could eat that by myself :)
*use gluten free flour and gluten free oats for a gluten free option

Enjoy



You may find that you have helpers that want to assist in making breakfast!!! Courtesy of my 18 month old!





No comments:

Post a Comment