The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering



I live in the United States as many have probably assumed. Today marks the 11th anniversary of thet terrorist attacks in New York City, Washington , and Pennsylvania. Many Americans, tourists, husbands, wives, friends, sisters, mothers, fathers etc lost their lives that day.

Today is a day of rememberance for the United States. It is a somber day. It allows us to reflect on ourselves and our love for our country. I can remember that day vividly. I was at school and it took me several hours to understand what was going on. I thought it was a freak accident at first. When I finally realized it, I couldn't believe it. I was about 13 years old, I didn't realize there was so much hate in this world. I was innocent and I was hurt that someone would hurt my country. I think everyone feels a sense of love for their country and I am no different.

I have had multiple friends who have family members sent over seas to fight with other the war on terror, it is hard to see families sepparated, but they do so proudly. I think a lot of us view the flag differently since Sep 11, 2001. For me, on that day, the symbol of our country of our freedom was forever changed in my head. I think of the men and women since our country was founded who have fought and died here. I try and live my life in gratitude for their sacrifice so I can raise my children in this country.

The world economy is crazy right now. Even the U.S. is crazy right now, government is crazy right now! But, I urge all of us,even though things are crazy- don't forget what this country was founded on! It was founded on the hope for freedom for all men and women. To live and raise their children how they choose. I hope that we all go forward today and remember those who sacrificed fighting for that freedom 11 years ago, 50 years ago, 70 years ago or 200 years ago. It doesn't matter. The world may be crazy, but show patriotism today...remember those. Go forward with a love for this country and defend Her, even now if it's defending Her against the home bound craziness it doesn't matter! (It's an election year, it's always crazy)! I'm remembering today! Thank you for all those who have lived and died and continue to defend us!



No comments:

Post a Comment