The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Reaching Your Goals



Health is an important part of life. Health comes in many forms. 90% of this blog is made up of food and diet tips, but another important part of health is happiness! I have people near and dear to my heart who live their lives in a comfort bubble. That's fine if it works for them, but we've had conversations about how they would like to change their situation at times, but admit they are comfortable.

It is hard to change sometimes; I know it's hard, but I also believe the minute we stop progressing in our lives in whatever it may be, we are digressing (I'm not sure if that's a word, but let's role with it)! I believe it's okay to fail. My husbands hero is Thomas Edison, being an engineering student and someone who hopes to invent one day, it makes sense. Edison said he didn't fail 100 times, he found 100 ways not to make the light bulb ( it was a commercial incadescent light bulb, not the first light bulb by they way)!

That is a lesson we can all learn someday I think! I was comfortable too for awhile. Did it mean that we were happy, not really. I mean we weren't miserable, but we knew we didn't want our whole life to be lived paycheck to paycheck someday, Derek knew he didn't want to settle for a job, he wanted to be an engineer, so he needed to go to school. That is just one example.

Derek and I have been trying to change our financial situation for a long time now. We've tried different things, none have worked in the financial sense, but we have learned something. We have grown in a way. We've found ways how not to make money in a sense. A special lesson I've learned from our attempts at change, is to never stop trying to reach a goal. It has pushed me to do something I've always wanted to do, write a book!

This eBook I've briefly mentioned is almost complete. It is at the designer as we speak! When I picutured my book that I would write someday, eBook didn't even cross my mind. I thought of a novel, not a healthy living guide for budgeter  (I hope you all will find it interesting and helpful- of course I think it is wonderful!)But I thought to myself, why not. I am so passionate about healthy foods and spreading the word about the benefits health can add to our happiness- why not?

I'm hoping to release it soon- I hope by October. The next step after the design is to get some wonderful bloggers to read and review it for me! I've had several volunteer already and I'm so excited!

The point is- I want my kids to know someday that we always tried- that we reached goals no matter what our situation was at the time. We want them know that we overcame the fears that come with change! That what some might look at as failures we now look at as learning opportunities and times of growth!

So I would love some interaction with this post- Have you always wanted to do something? Have you suceeded in a dream of yours? What is something you want to do but fear? How are you going to make it not something you'll do someday? Leave me a comment or shoot me a message! Begin to see things a growing opportunities, not failures and you will never fail!

No comments:

Post a Comment